Entertaining may feel intimidating at first, but after several events, the activity starts to become second nature. The following are some tips for jazzing up a get-together at your home.
1. Offer nibbles in fancy dishes. The silver and crystal bowls you received for your wedding or housewarming work well for displaying treats such as olives and nuts.
2. Create a table that reflects the season. Setting a fine table builds the mood for a successful party. Look to nature, with mini-pumpkins in autumn and blooming branches in spring.
3. Select mood lighting. Instead of turning all the lights up brightly, why not utilize candles? Such low light exudes glamour and intimacy.
4. Allow guests to linger. Do not rush them out at the end of the meal. Serve coffee and tea and permit the party to end naturally.
5. Vary the music you play. One option is to begin with something upbeat from South America and follow that with a more mellow tune during the meal. Afterwards, dance music from your teen years can lighten the mood.
Peter Kuperman currently leads the investment management firm of QED Benchmark. In his spare time, Peter Kuperman enjoys honing his gourmet cooking skills.
Grow a Business
For more than three years, Peter Kuperman has been leading Hatch Canada as founder and CEO. Under his leadership, the company uses a progressive, mastery-based curriculum to teach children how to code. Peter Kuperman has grown Hatch Canada by at least 13 percent every month since starting his business.
For most business owners, growing a business can be difficult, but growth is necessary for the success of a company. Following are a few ways business owners can grow their companies.
1. Open another location. For many businesses, this is the first approach to growing the company. Opening a second location can expand a company’s client base and improve operations. Before attempting this, business owners must do a great deal of research, checking trends in the industry and ensuring they have stable growth.
2. License a product. Branded services or products offer a low-cost, low-risk option for growing a business. By licensing a service or product, companies can increase their profits and expand the number of consumers they reach. When entering into a licensing deal, business owners need a competent attorney to ensure they do not lose control of their product.
3. Diversify. This growth option helps companies increase sales, improve profit margins, and serve more consumers. Depending on the company and its industry, owners can diversify by selling services or products that complement their primary offering.
Peter Kuperman saw career opportunities in education, becoming a part of the Khan Academy and later on establishing Hatch Canada. In addition to his professional pursuits, Peter Kuperman keeps himself physically active through cycling.
Many sports enthusiasts consider cycling a beneficial form of exercise, since the activity builds up one’s endurance and strength. Before taking up road cycling as an exercise or a hobby, here are some basic tips to improve the riding experience.
1) Familiarize yourself with shifting. Changing gears before the need to do so helps riders smoothly transition, maintain momentum, and reduce strain on the bike’s chain. While shifting gears, it is important to continue pedaling at a gentle force, to prevent the chain from grinding and snapping.
2) Learn to brake. To brake safely, it is important to use both front and rear brakes. Slamming on just the front brake–which has more stopping power–can cause danger to the cyclist. Using the rear brake evenly with the front brake helps cyclists reduce speed safely until they come to a complete stop.
3) Lean your bike, and keep your body upright. Beginner cyclists often lean with their bodies when making a turn, causing them to lose balance. To turn properly, cyclists must keep their body upright while allowing the bike to lean slightly into the turn.